Bridgetown residents discover tips for teeth whitening for a dramatically brighter smile
Our dental team works to help patients achieve smiles that are healthy and beautiful. With convenient locations in Fairfield and Bridgetown, Drs. Jesal Patel and Shawn Dornhecker offer comprehensive dental services including cosmetic dental care to enhance your smile. Professional in-office teeth whitening is an effective way to transform your smile and boost your confidence. Under the guidance of your dentist, you can achieve a whiter, brighter smile quickly and easily. Once you have made the decision to whiten your teeth, there are tips to prolong the effects of your treatment.
Why choose professional whitening
Deciding to whiten your teeth is a step toward a healthier smile. Teeth that are white may not always be healthy. Visiting your dentist for an exam first allows your dental team to assess your teeth for problems. This keeps your mouth healthy and enables the dentist to determine if there are any issues that may interfere with the whitening process. Your dentist can determine the most appropriate treatment for you.
Professional teeth whitening is safe and effective. It is performed under the guidance of your dental team. Issues are caught and addressed to keep your mouth healthy. The quality of the whitening product is superior to over-the-counter products.
Professional, dramatic, long-lasting results
At Patel and Dornhecker Dentistry, we offer in-office whitening. You can sit back and relax with music or television as your teeth are whitened. The cheeks and gums are protected before the bleaching agent is applied to the teeth. For patients who have extra sensitive teeth, additional precautions are taken before and after the procedure to maintain comfort. A special light is used to activate the whitening agent. Once the treatment is finished, your teeth will be rinsed to remove any remaining product. You can leave the office with a significantly whiter smile. A single office treatment dramatically improves your smile and can safely brighten enamel by 14 shades. Custom whitening trays may be used at home to maintain your newly whitened smile.
Tips for teeth whitening
Choosing to whiten your smile can help you look younger and keeps your smile healthy. There are tips to keep in mind to protect and maintain your stunning smile.
- Have your teeth professionally cleaned first to remove built-up plaque. Plaque and tartar build up on the teeth, creating a yellow coating or surface stains. When your dental hygienist cleans your teeth, he/she uses special instruments to remove tartar and to clean the hard-to-reach areas of the mouth. This way, when the whitening agent is applied, it can be easily absorbed by clean teeth. The treatment is more effective.
- Choose professional whitening methods. Although commercial products are readily available, professional products are higher quality and produce more dramatic results. By choosing professional whitening at Patel and Dornhecker Dentistry, you are receiving a quality whitening agent. In professional hands, you will achieve safe, effective results.
- Avoid foods and drinks that cause staining. The foods we eat or lifestyle choices we make can cause discoloration of the teeth. Teeth whitening treatments can make your teeth susceptible to new stains. Try to avoid or minimize the use of these items for the first few days after your treatment.
- Do maintenance treatments. It takes care to maintain your desired shade of whiteness especially if you often consume stain-causing foods and drinks. Touch-up treatments or at-home whitening can prolong the effects of your in-office treatment.
- Follow good oral hygiene habits. Brushing and flossing not only keep your teeth and gums healthy, but they also remove stains and bacteria that are on and between the teeth.
- Use a straw. If you regularly drink dark liquids, use a straw to keep the stains off your teeth. Also, finish the contents in a single sitting rather than sipping them throughout the day. The less time a substance sits in your mouth, the better it is for the health and whiteness of your teeth.
- Rinse your teeth. Rinsing your teeth after you eat or drink something that may cause stains helps maintain your smile.
If you are interested in teeth whitening services, contact Patel and Dornhecker Dentistry. Call our offices in Bridgetown at (513) 815-3188 or in Fairfield at (513) 815-3166 for an appointment.