A missing tooth noticeably impacts your smile. It also compromises oral health. It allows other teeth to shift out of position, creating food traps that lead to cavities and gum disease, and potentially causing bite problems and wear. A dental implant is a long-term solution to tooth loss. Patients in the Fairfield Township and Cincinnati area trust Patel & Dornhecker Dentistry for beautiful implant restorations.
A dental implant replaces the root of a missing tooth. This small screw is made of titanium. It is placed into jawbone in a brief, precisely pre-planned oral surgery. Gum tissue heals quickly. Over the course of several months, bone fuses with the implant in a biological process called osseointegration. The implant becomes the solid foundation for a dental crown.
Implant restoration process
- Once your implant is fully healed, the dentist removes the healing cap and places an implant impression coping.
- Impressions are taken for a custom implant abutment to sit on top of the implant head.
- Impressions, measurements, and shading information are sent to a professional dental laboratory.
- The lab fabricates the custom abutment and a crown from high quality materials.
- You return to Patel & Dornhecker Dentistry in 2-3 weeks to have the abutment and crown seated on the implant.
Benefits of dental implants
A dental implant has no negative effect on adjacent teeth because they are not connected to the adjacent teeth. With good oral hygiene, an implant restoration can last a lifetime. It feels, looks, and functions like a real tooth, and requires normal brushing, flossing, and evaluation at your routine hygiene appointments. A single missing tooth, several teeth, or a whole arch may be replaced with implants. In addition, dental implants can be used to anchor a fixed bridge, or to provide stability for a denture.
Call Patel & Dornhecker Dentistry at (513) 815-3166
in Fairfield, or (513) 815-3188
in Bridgetown to learn more.
Great, professional service!
Excellent service and care, Dr. Patel and her staff, are very professional, caring, and very friendly. Have recommended my friends to her location.