Thousands of men and women of all ages in the Fairfield Township and Cincinnati area snore. This uncontrollable sound resonates as tissues of the nose and throat vibrate from turbulent airflow. The condition deprives the snorer and bedmate (sometimes everyone in the household) of deep, restful sleep. Patel & Dornhecker Dentistry offers a simple solution – snore guards.
When it is more than a snore
Snoring is often a symptom of a serious health problem called obstructive sleep apnea. As you begin to fall asleep, tongue and soft tissues collapse into the back of the throat. Normal airflow is blocked or inhibited. Breathing becomes very shallow, or halts completely for a few seconds or minutes. As oxygen levels in the body drop, the brain senses danger and sends a surge of adrenalin. You choke, snort, or jerk awake. Then the cycle repeats, possibly dozens of times per hour. A sleep study can determine what would be the best treatment for you.
What is a snore guard?
A snore guard is a small appliance worn in the mouth during sleep. It keeps the air passage open, by preventing the tongue and jaw from dropping back as you relax. The device is professionally fitted by one of our dentists to seat snuggly over upper teeth.
- Rest peacefully, with fewer bathroom breaks, for healthy cellular regeneration that comes with REM sleep.
- Build a stronger foundation with your partner, showing respect for his or her sleep needs.
- Restore physical closeness and intimacy.
- Live longer – studies show a link between snoring and risk of stroke and heart disease.
- Reduce risk of vehicle accidents due to daytime drowsiness.
- Potentially improve headaches, depression, and obesity.
Please don’t let embarrassment keep you from enjoying improved sleep. It is easy to talk with Dr. Patel or Dr. Dornhecker about snoring, in our discreet, respectful environment. We have offices in Fairfield (513) 815-3166
, and in Bridgetown (513) 815-3188
Great, professional service!
Excellent service and care, Dr. Patel and her staff, are very professional, caring, and very friendly. Have recommended my friends to her location.