Since the mid-1800s, silver-colored dental amalgam has been used to repair tooth decay. Today’s patients have the advanced option of metal-free composite restorations at Drs. Patel and Dornhecker Dentistry. This strong, durable material blends beautifully with your natural teeth, so no one ever needs to know you had a cavity. This technique is behind some of the flawless smiles you see from Hamilton to Fairfield Township.
Composite resin is a pliable plastic, color-matched to teeth. It is combined with powdered glass for the same luminous quality as tooth enamel. The material is bonded to a prepared tooth and molded into shape. The resin is hardened with a safe, ultraviolet light. Then the dentist trims and further sculpts the material. With a final polish, the restoration is virtually undetectable in your smile.
Modern composite resin dental materials are strong enough for fillings in any area of the mouth, including molars. In addition, our doctors use it for aesthetic improvements:
- Replace dark amalgam fillings.
- Disguise chips and cracks in tooth enamel.
- Cover deep discoloration that does not respond to professional whitening.
- Close gaps between teeth.
- Improve the size or shape of a tooth.
Benefits of dental bonding
- Fast – Treatment takes an hour or less per tooth.
- Conservative – Less tooth structure must be removed, than for an amalgam filling.
- Comfortable – In many cases, no anesthetic is needed.
- Economical – While bonding addresses many of the same problems, is much more affordable than porcelain veneers, crowns, or orthodontics.
- Long lasting – With good oral hygiene, bonding material resists staining and can easily last a decade or more.
Become a patient of Dr. Jesal A. Patel or Dr. Shawn A. Dornhecker to learn how metal free composite restorations can brighten your smile. Call (513) 815-3166
in the Fairfield Township area, or (513) 815-3188
for our Bridgetown office.
Great, professional service!
Excellent service and care, Dr. Patel and her staff, are very professional, caring, and very friendly. Have recommended my friends to her location.