Can dental veneers in Bridgetown create a perfect smile?
It can help you make a great first impression, create a more professional appearance, increase your attractiveness to potential romantic partners, and most importantly, it makes you feel great about yourself. It seems as if every movie star has one, but they are elusive in real life. Of course, we are talking about the perfect smile, with straight, bright, uniformly shaped teeth and that extra “wow factor.” What is the stars’ secret? The answer is cosmetic dentistry, often porcelain veneers – and they are available from Patel and Dornhecker Dentistry in Bridgetown and Fairfield.
What are dental veneers?
Veneers, as the name implies, are very thin layers of cosmetic material adhered to the front surfaces of teeth. We offer both porcelain and resin veneers. The procedure is fast and convenient, requiring very little tooth preparation. Depending on the type of veneers you choose, the entire process may take from one day to a couple of weeks.
What is the difference between porcelain and resin veneers?
The choice between resin or porcelain depends on your needs and preferences.
- Resin veneers – We create these veneers right here in our office, with the same type of material used in dental bonding and tooth colored fillings. The putty-like resin is applied directly to the tooth, then shaped, hardened, and polished in a single visit. This is the quickest and most cost-effective option. Many patients choose resin as a simple solution for improving one or two teeth.
- Porcelain veneers –This type of veneer involves more steps and a few appointments. We take impressions and work with you to create the design here in our office. Then a premier dental laboratory will make the veneers according to our specifications. It can take a week or two, so we may apply temporary veneers to protect your teeth in the meantime. The final appointment involves checking the veneers, making adjustments if needed, and then cementing them to your teeth. Porcelain is the most natural looking dental material, and it is very long lasting. This is a great choice for a single-procedure smile makeover, treating all visible teeth.
During your consultation, the dentist will discuss your options, explaining the pros and cons of each. No matter which type you choose, expect a dazzling, natural looking result, thanks to the refined cosmetic dentistry skills of our dentists.
What can veneers do for you?
Is there something about your smile that you dislike? No matter what it is, there’s a very good chance that dental veneers can fix it. Veneers are among the most conservative dental restorations, because the natural tooth structure stays almost entirely intact. We only need to shave a tiny bit of enamel in preparation. Yet, a veneer completely covers the visible part of the tooth. That means a veneer can change the color, shape, and size of a treated tooth. A whole set of veneers can drastically change the look of your smile – or, we can design them to look exactly like your natural teeth, with the absence of a few flaws.
Dental veneers put you in control of your smile. From a minor adjustment to a full smile makeover, you can change whatever you want, as much or little as you like. The benefits of veneers include:
- Brighten naturally dark teeth or cover stains that do not respond to whitening.
- Restore the size and shape of aged, worn teeth.
- Close wide spaces between teeth.
- Fix issues such as misshapen teeth or an asymmetrical smile.
- Disguise mildly crooked teeth, making them look straight.
- Repair minor chips or fractures.
- Change anything that you don’t like about the appearance of your teeth.
Who is a good candidate for dental veneers?
Look in the mirror and smile. If you aren’t happy with what you see, then veneers might be a good option for you. The most important prerequisite to treatment is good oral health. For example, a thin veneer is not enough to repair a broken off or badly decayed tooth. Additionally, untreated oral disease can shorten the lifespan of dental restorations, besides harming your teeth. If needed, we will recommend addressing oral health issues before starting cosmetic treatment.
The best way to find out if veneers are right for you is to schedule a personal consultation with Dr. Patel or Dornhecker. Just call (513) 815-3188 (Bridgetown) or (Fairfield) (513) 815-3166 to get started.