One of the most common complaints of denture wearers is stability. Teeth that wobble or slip can rub sore spots. They keep you from eating the foods you love. They can also embarrass you when you smile, laugh, speak, or sing. Patients throughout the Cincinnati and Fairfield Township area are taking advantage of implant dentures from Patel & Dornhecker Dentistry, for an entirely different experience.
The role of dental implants
Implants are small titanium screws precisely placed into the jawbone. Over time, bone fuses with the implants, providing a solid base for your denture. As few as four dental implants can be placed to hold a whole arch of teeth.
Our dentists design a denture with special attachment points. (If you have a denture you like, it may be possible to retro-fit it with implant attachments.) When implants are fully healed, they are topped with tiny ball or bar devices. The denture now snaps in place for dramatically improved chewing function and confidence.
Living with implant-retained dentures
Implant dentures are relatively carefree:
- They are so secure that you may forget you are wearing them.
- You are less likely to get food trapped under the denture, or experience mouth sores and discomfort.
- An upper implant denture does not cover the palate, preserving natural temperature sensation and taste.
- The denture is removable, for convenience in keeping it and your mouth sparkling clean.
- Implants help to maintain strong bone density, avoiding a sunken facial appearance.
- Expect to smile more readily, and eat with gusto.
Dr. Jesal Patel and Dr. Shawn Dornhecker provide a full range of denture services – partials, conventional dentures, immediate dentures, relining, and repair. They work with reputable dental laboratories to create dentures from high quality materials, that look natural and fit comfortably.
Contact Patel & Dornhecker Dentistry at (513) 815-3188
in Western Hills or (513) 815-3166
in Fairfield to schedule a consultation.
Great, professional service!
Excellent service and care, Dr. Patel and her staff, are very professional, caring, and very friendly. Have recommended my friends to her location.